My poor baby is sick since Friday. I took him to the doctor for this barky cough he had turns out it was croup he had. they gave him a steroid pill to help loosen all that phlegm and the doctor said he would be better by Monday. he sounded better on Saturday but he kept getting a fever. he would get a fever I would give him motrin the fever would break but it would come back. I really didn't think much of it since he is sick I thought maybe it has to to do with his cough. Well long story short Monday night was so horrible. everyone in the house had a rough night, baby S woke up at 2am coughing like so bad he wouldn't stop coughing and he had a fever. the fever was barely starting so I gave him motrin put a cool towel on his forehead and held him to calm him down which helped. He didn't go back to sleep until 4am I called the doctor Tuesday morning took him in turns out all his coughing gave him an ear infection. got some antibiotics took him home gave him his first dose he napped for 2 hours peacefully no fussing no nothing. I made him some chicken soup because it cures everything right fed him and gave him his second dose baby was in bed by 8pm. happy to say he slept good got up at 4 like his usual self and looks 100x better this morning. its so horrible and scary to see your child in pain and nothing you do seems to help them. but I think we are going to be okay we will survive this.
On another note he will be 8 months next week. time has sure gone by way too fast but I have to say I'm enjoying starting to see his little personality more and more each day. it looks like he is going to have an attitude like his dad LOL and will be serious like his momma but when we can get him to laugh its the best sound and feeling in the world. I will post his monthly update next week.
I am so sorry to hear your little guy was sick. I am so dreading this and I know it will happen one day especially with him in day care. Glad he is feeling better now :)
ReplyDelete